Today we are living in an online era where internet values a lot and people almost do all the tasks of their daily life via internet like online shopping, paying electricity dues online, getting travel deals direct from websites etc. But as the internet is growing the question of recognizing the authority service providers is also raising. So for best decision making we consider reviews and recommendations about a website the best way of trusting one. For example if you are going to buy a mobile phone from some online store then definitely you would be going to check for store’s reviews to make sure which store is having more positive reviews and hence more reputation.
Same is the case with getting recommendations for your LinkedIn profile. As LinkedIn is making place among most popular Social Medias so it is being used heavily by businesses, professional and individuals (especially job seekers) to make a strong presence in online world and promoting their services. Thus because of this popularity recommendations are playing crucial role in making a strong LinkedIn profile and hence impress others including clients, job providers etc.
LinkedIn Recommendations are actually the reviews written by your connections for you like your ex-managers, your friends, your professors, your colleagues etc and hence recommendations make your profile more reliable and authentic. Suppose a customer have to choose between two organization’s services then he/she can compare the recommendations received by two and the one getting more positive recommendations will have more chances to win over other. Thus recommendations are actually acting as a backbone to successful LinkedIn presence.
How to Request for Recommendations:
You can only ask for recommendation to your direct connections on LinkedIn. You have to follow these steps:
- Go to” Profiles”.
- Click on “Recommendations”.
- And choose option for “Request Recommendation”
Now when you are going to send a recommendation request to your connection then write a personalized message for him/her to make the communication professional and dedicated.
Useful Tips to Get the Recommendations
There may be cases when you are not able to get good and deserved recommendation in-spite of bearing good reputation among your clients and connections. There may be a number of reasons for this like your connection is not much addicted to LinkedIn or simply slothful to write a good recommendation.
Well you don’t have to be much worried in such cases as you still have good chances to get the desired recommendations from such connections by putting some more efforts by sending personal messages to your connections for writing recommendations for you as per the work experience with you in full details.
You can take advantages of following tips while asking for recommendations from your connections:
- Ask for a recommendation immediately as soon as you handover the successful project to your client. At this time they will write what they actually get from your end.
- As told by me above, do send a personal message to your connection instead of forwarding the general format as is offered by LinkedIn.
- Also don’t just keep on sending unwanted recommendation requests to the connections with whom you haven’t actually worked. But do make requests to the ones whom you have worked with and bear good terms.
- Put your efforts to recommend others as well as everyone likes good reviews so this may be a case that when you write good recommendation for some client of yours then he writes back as well.
- Also if your connections are making recommendation with generic sentences like “very good person”, “good to work with” etc. then just make request to them to write bit of details regarding their experience with you and about work description as well.
- Keep on adding more & more connection and you never know when you can get something really good in term of positive reviews.
Thus you can feel on your own that how effective LinkedIn recommendations can prove to your business and brand. Having more positive recommendations will make your profile reputed, loyal, authentic and trustworthy for the profile visitors and hence increase chances to get more clients interested in your services.
So start working on your recommendations section from now. Please share your experience with LinkedIn recommendations and also your suggestions about the post to make it even more useful.